Scholarly publishing company HighWire Press today announced its acquisition of Semantico, a privately held provider of technology and services for the scholarly publishing market. This acquisition will bring HighWire an increased capacity for technological innovation; a strong team that further expands its already broad publishing expertise; and a powerful combination of best-of-breed products that leverage industry best practices.
“Innovation and customer-centricity are at the core of HighWire. The addition of the Semantico solution set and team enhances our ability to deliver an unparalleled mix of functionality in our product suite, serving publishers across the spectrum of the industry,” said Dan Filby, HighWire CEO. “I am very enthusiastic to announce this acquisition which is in direct alignment with both our long-term growth and value creation strategies.”
“I couldn’t be more excited to have our team join HighWire,” added Richard Padley, Semantico Chairman and founder. “The increased scale and capability of the combined organisations will deliver significant value to current and future publishers.”
HighWire’s innovative solutions:
• JCore – Industry leading best of breed open platform for journals with the highest performance trends in the industry.
• Folio – Dynamic eBooks platform created specifically for scholarly research.
• Scolaris – Integrated publishing solution optimised for diverse and specialised content.
• SAMS Sigma – Cloud-based, industry leading, identity management solution that integrates with access management.
• BenchPress – The preferred manuscript submission and peer review tracking system for publishers who demand workflow systems that match how they work.
• Impact and Usage Vizors – Patent pending, analytical visualisation tools that deliver unrivalled insight and support for evidence-based publishing decisions.
Adding to HighWire’s recently opened office in Belfast, the new UK location and team in Brighton will further strengthen the service for HighWire’s global customers and bring additional operational support for HighWire’s growing North America, UK, and EMEA market.
“We view this acquisition as a strategic next step continuing to propel HighWire as the premier solution provider in the digital publishing space,” said Park Durrett, Principal at Accel-KKR.
Added Mike Keller, Vice Provost, Academic Counsel, Stanford University Libraries and HighWire Board member, “HighWire continues to provide enhanced value to their customers and with this acquisition are poised to further their efforts as the premier publishing technology provider in the industry.”
For all media enquiries, please contact:
Vice President, Global Marketing and EMEA Sales
About HighWire Press
HighWire Press, Inc. delivers technology solutions to leading publishers that disseminate scholarly research worldwide. With offices in the US and the UK, HighWire provides strategic consulting, professional services and innovative open platform technologies. Product offerings include digital content development and hosting services; BenchPress, a peer-review manuscript submission system; and Vizors, a suite of visual analytics tools for publishing insights.
Semantico was formed in 1999 to develop online publishing solutions for the publishing industry. Its mission is to be the partner of choice in helping clients realise the full potential of internet technologies for delivering digital information services. Semantico works to make clients’ information ever more discoverable, more useful and more valuable.